First ... sorry this thread got so off-topic...

I can give you a couple of use-cases. :)  Lets say you have an element on
the page that needs to animate but only once it is > 75% viewable. Another
good use is if you have a widget that uses lots of system resources, you can
pause or disable it while it is out of view.

--
Brandon Aaron