Yes they are in a table - that may be the issue - although I'm testing in FF. I'll make some changes and report back.

-- Josh

----- Original Message ----- From: "seedy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <jquery-en@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Friday, September 28, 2007 1:38 PM
Subject: [jQuery] Re: Validation plugin noob

are your fields inside a table?
I was seeing that in IE, if fields were in a table cell, the errors were
being added but the cell wasn't getting larger and the errors could not be
seen.

Josh Nathanson-3 wrote:

Hey all,

Using Jorn's Validation plugin, it's not displaying the error message.  I
must be missing something obvious. I'm just trying a test - it seems like
when I submit, if the field is empty, it should display an error message
after the input field.  What am I doing wrong?

JS:
$("#editform").validate({
  rules: {
    FirstName : "required"
    },
  messages: {
    FirstName : "Please enter your first name."
    },
  debug: true
 });

Markup:
<input type="Text" size="30" name="FirstName" id="FirstName" value=""
class="formfield" maxlength="50">

-- Josh