Point taken, but I knew that my original message was going to be
terse, and I warned would-be readers of it! Mea culpa.

But frustration in tackling a totally new lib like this one--and
evidently getting *absolutely nowhere*--was more difficulty than I
usually encounter (considering I still haven't deduced exactly what is
wrong with my code!), so my choice of words was just reactive. I don't
generally ask for help by acting the goat.

And I'm sure I'm not alone in observing that no matter how nicely one
can word one's message, there'll always be sour types like Mr Rob who
will find some nonsense personal rationalization to insult the poster.

Anyway, I sure am looking forward to using jQuery...and I already like
the people in this mail list! :)