I've seen this happen now and then since I've been on this list (about 4
months). Not every day, more like once or twice a week. It seems like the
whole list gets clogged for a while (2-6, occasionally 8+ hrs), then a flood
of messages all come in at once. So it's not that every email to the list
takes hours and hours to post, it's that if you post during one of these
hold-up times, your message will come when things start flowing again.

I have no idea if this is related to time of day/week, or if it's related to
the high activity (about 3800 subscribers, avg. 115 messages/day), and I
don't participate in any other large google groups, so I don't have any
comparison there.

- Richard