Hey folks,

In my app, what I have on pageload is a .getScript() that loads in the
Ajax API for recaptcha (as can be seen at
http://pastemonkey.digitalspaghetti.me.uk).

I also use blockUI on this site, and I have hit a snag, in that if the
getScript fails for whatever reason, it doesn't time out and the Ajax
request continues, hence my .ajaxStop that removes the blockUI is
never fired.

I'm wondering, is there a way to timeout the getScript after x seconds
if the request fails, and return the UI to the user?

If not, maybe an idea for additonal functionality?

$.getScript('.....', 'timeout', function(){

 ......Code in here for sucess.....

}, function() {

.....Code in here for fail to get within timeout.....

}):

--
Tane Piper
http://digitalspaghetti.me.uk

This email is: [ ] blogable [ x ] ask first [ ] private