> Will the final version support captions and/or gallery titles?

That is on the list, just trying to figure where would be better, a toolTip
or a caption box when the large image is loaded or both.  Not sure what
would be better.

As for a gallery title, not really sure about that one, not sure where it
would go if I had it.

Also, how does it handle vertical vs. horizontal images, or varying size
> images?

It handles them pretty well, it will resize the image, vertically or
horizontally or both, to make it fit within the css styled box.

Thanks for the kind words, I feel the same way.  Trying  to make these
galleries in a way that if javascript is turned off it will still work (when
I say work, I mean the image will still show they way the were coded into
the site) and allow the developer to style them and have as much or as
little control as possible, with out making ti bloated.