Thanks guys
I solved the issue just before leaving yesterday at 18 o'clock (15 hours
ago) and could not check your answers at home in the meaning time. My issue
was due to a duplicate call to the menu.
Still thanks a lot Joel for pointing me to the error in the params I use.

BTW, I have 2 piece of code I'm using in association with superfish. One is
working well, but I could never got the second one running correctly. I
would like to know if it is of any interested or if I should keep that for
me...

The first one highlights the item currently selected. I works pretty well,
and could be improved to handle types sort of url.

    $('.nav li a').each(function(){
        href = $(this).attr('href').split('/');
        href =
$(this).attr('href').replace('http://'+document.location.hostname, '');
        path = document.location.pathname;
        if (path.charAt(path.length-1) == '/') path = path+'index.html';
        if (href == path){
            $(this).parent().addClass('selected');

$(this).parent().parent().parent().children('a').addClass('selected');
            $(this).addClass('selected'); /

The second tries to reset the width of the submenu to the width of the
parent item. Issue is that at some point jQuery cant get the width of li
elements. So here I just have what seemed to be working yesterday.

    $('.nav>li>a').each(function(){
      $width = $(this).width();
      $(this).parent().children('ul').each(function(){
        $ulwidth = $(this).width();
        if ($ulwidth < $width){
          $(this).width($width);

If I add the following inside of the second "each", it will fail and
$liwidth will be always "0"

$(this).children('li').each(function(){
  $liwidth = $(this).width();
});