> How about these?
> - beforeSubmit: called before the validation starts
> - success: called when the form is valid
> - submitHandler: replaces the default submit, handler must do an
> ajaxSubmit or whatever

Sounds outstanding, as long as the submitHandler only covered an ajaxSubmit.
If it was an all out replacement for the default submit handler then there
wouldn't really be a need for the other two options, as all of it could be
rolled into someone's new 'submit' function, rolling the $(form).submit()
within their own handler. I guess it's just a question of implementation and
documentation.

Thanks again for the excellent work you do with JQuery.

--
Steve "Cutter" Blades
Adobe Certified Professional