Hello,

I am little new to jQuery so trying to get a hang of it.

I am using the jCarousel Lite plugin for something today and I found it to
be brilliant.

I only have one problem - so suppose 10 nodes are there in the scrolling
area..out of which one is shown at a time.

Clicking on next goes to the other and so on.

Now, I have 2 images in every node so a total of 20 images.

This increases my page size by a lot as I have 3 separate instances of the
plugin and close to 60 images therefore.

What I want to do:

I don't want to use ajax, but I want to load only those images that are
going to be visible on screen - not the other 18.

So, when I am constructing the markup from backend, I make all img src's
point to spacer.gif.

And push all image urls to an array.

Now, based on what page I am on, I want to pluck the image urls from the
array and assign it to the visible area.

However, for that I need to know which visible page I am on and how I can
change the image src..some reference.

I don't want to use jCarousel  - the lite one is better (smaller) so I am
sure there is some way of doing this.

Also, how can I access the methods/properties inside of jCarousel Lite?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Mandy.