>Here is an interesting article:
>http://www.coldfusionjedi.com/index.cfm/2007/10/8/Ask-a-Jedi-How-can-you-
>timeout-a-session-in-an-Ajaxbased-application
>
>Now, really, is there a way somewhere in the jQuery API that helps in
>detecting session timeouts in ajax calls?
>
>If there is not I would like to propose one.

How you handle session timeouts, is really a decision you need to make on
the server-side of things. Coming up with a "generic" solution wouldn't work
for everyone, but more importantly it's very easy to implement a custom
solution.

I already blogged about 2 straightforward approaches:
http://blog.pengoworks.com/blogger/index.cfm?action=blog:605

And example code:
http://www.pengoworks.com/workshop/jquery/session_expired_example.cfm

All of this is pretty easy to integrate into your site's JS framework so
it's handled consistently across the board.

-Dan