Hi,

For the multi select:
<select name="test[]" multiple="multiple">
        <option value="one">one</option>
        <option value="two">two</option>
        <option value="three">three</option>
        <option value="four">four</option>
        <option value="five">five</option>
</select>

This allows you to pass the selected items via a form post and receive them
as an array.

Same applies for the checkboxes:

Steak:<input type="checkbox" value="Steak" name="food[]">
Pizza:<input type="checkbox" value="Pizza" name="food[]">
Chicken:<input type="checkbox" value="Chicken" name="food[]">

When I said, a unique name is required, I was not refering to the specs, but
to the retrieval of information. So either allow the values to be passed as
an array or use an unique name for each and allow the grouping of them with
another attribute for validation.

Cheers
Alexander