I just had a look at the view source for you page and cannot see the 2
required CSS files 'ui.tabs.css' and 'ui.tabs.ie.css' or have you
included them in your 'flora.all.css' file?

I am also experiencing you first issue and had assumed that I could
fix it by altering line 19 of the "ui.tabs.css" which reads "padding:
0 0 0 4px;" but setting it to zero or even negative value does not
move it to the edge of the page which increasing the value will move
it further to the right as expected. anyone know why this is
happening?

Note I also had an additional issue in FF where the list element dot
was still visible for my first tab. I assume the rest of the dots were
hidden by the tabs themselves. I fixed this by adding "list-style:
none;" to the  ".ui-tabs-nav li" definition. I know that this is also
declared in in the  parent definition ".ui-tabs-nav" and was surprised
that it was not automatically inherited.