I haven't looked at code, but I'm willing to bet this combo is a fake
combo - done with divs and some styling.  In which case, embedding an
image is as simple as including an img tag in the div for the list item.

I've written code similar to this type of list where I needed a short
list, always open (show all elements), multi select, and some code that
would auto select "ALL" from the list, if nothing was selected.  Took
about an hour to write up.  So, a combo such as this shouldn't be too
much tougher, I'd think..

It would make a cool plugin though... :)  (hmmm...  maybe my next
project...)

Shawn