Hi All,

I'm having a bit of trouble implementing a show/hide bit of JQuery
JavaScript and was wondering if anyone had any ideas or advice that
may help.

On this page http://tinyurl.com/33wksr (my apologies for the missing
content and overall clunkiness of the page - its been copied out of
the NG CMS that doesn't support web standards just yet for
troubleshooting.), I have a JQuery script (found here -
http://tinyurl.com/354fk2)
that is controlling the visual display of elements within a <div
id="article"></div>.  This seems to be working as needed in Firefox
(PC and Mac) and Safari.

The issue I'm running into is that in Internet Explorer 6 and 7, the
JQuery script doesn't seem to run or affect the HTML within <div
id="article"></div> as it should. At best, I've gotten the behavior to
happen sporadically where sometimes the script will work and then is
cached in the IE browser and other pages that use this same JQuery
script behave properly. Most of the time however, the HTML and page
are not altered by the JQuery code.

I know there are a ton of other JS calls on this page as well as a lot
of elements (non-semantic markup, tons of tables) in the DOM. Could
either of these be affecting how/when IE loads the DOM and the JQuery
instructions?

* Has anyone else run into this or something similar?
* Does anyone have any ideas about what may be causing the problem?
* My understanding was that JQuery attempted to make DOM and JS load
timing universal across browsers, are there any cases where this
wouldn't happen with IE?

============

On a separate note, due to sites like this being in a CMS, who's
templating engine we have little control over, we'd like to abstract
this out a bit more and call these two specific JavaScript files
(jquery.js and science.js) from one JavaScript file that we can add
to. I have an example of a page referencing that here -
http://tinyurl.com/2yfg69

This page is using the following JavaScript to add the needed <script>
elements into the DOM - http://tinyurl.com/yoohgv

Unfortunately, this only appears to work on Firefox (PC and Mac). In
Safari and again IE6 and 7, the behaviors of the added-in scripts do
not take affect.

With JavaScript not being my strongest skill, I'd really appreciate
any help or insight you folks might be able to give. Thanks much!

-- Brian