I can't tell you what is wrong without seeing the page (can you post links
to the working and broken versions?), but I can tell you this: There is no
such thing as a JSP page when we're talking about jQuery, JavaScript, CSS,
and other client-side technologies.

By the time the page reaches the browser, JSP is long out of the picture.
All the browser sees is the resulting HTML/JS/CSS files and their headers.

You mentioned that the JSP page is identical to the HTML page - just to
double-check, did you do a Save As (Web Page Only) on the JSP page in the
browser and diff that saved page with the HTML version?

If they are truly identical, then the only thing left is the headers.
Compare those with the working version and the problem should be in whatever
is different.

-Mike