FWIW, I've never had any problems with id and name being the same on controls in IE. I don't see a <form> tag on the page, maybe that's the issue?

You might also want to try this:

http://www.texotela.co.uk/code/jquery/select/

- Jack

Chris Jordan wrote:
Could it be because you're name and id are identical?

<select name="SchoolID" id="SchoolID">
</select>

Perhaps IE doesn't like this?

Just a guess.