Hi, Lewis...

I believe you'll find that the problem is not with Ifixpng,
although I haven't used that one, but rather with IE 6.

I ran into this trying to use transparent png's on IE 6 previously.
I was using the IEpngfix solution from www.TwinHelix.com,
and ran into the background positioning issue and was told that
IE 6 does not support background positioning using transparent png's.
At least not directly... not sure if there's any kind of workaround.

Rick