Run this test in Internet Explorer and look at the results. jQuery is optimized for Internet Explorer which is the most widely used browser out. When you run the same tests in IE, you'll see that we perform much better and our on par with all of the libs.

Also, the SlickSpeed test suite has already been discussed in great detail on this list and many of the actual selectors specified are not real-world examples that would represent any type of real performance in an actual application. The performance of jQuery's DOM selector engine is actually very good and to date, we've not received any complaints from our users including Digg, NBC, IBM or Google.

With that said, our focus is on improving features for jQuery. SlickSpeed is not on our radar.

Rey....

Lauris Bukšis-Haberkorns wrote:
Has anyone seen this one?

http://alexandre-mercier.vinnac.org/slickspeed/

jQuery does not perform that well there.

Lafriks