Is there a cool way to check if an object is a jQuery object as opposed to any other object?

I tried the constructor property but it just says Object(), the same as any other object.

Tried typeof, but same deal, just object.

Right now my function can take an object or a jQuery object as an argument, and all I've figured out is that the jQuery object is indexable (array-like), so if the object is not jQuery it will return undefined if I say obj[0]. But, this seems like a hack - is there a better way to test the object's type?

-- Josh