Two weeks ago I presented a session on jQuery to a group of 4D
developers (more on 4D here  - http://www.4d.com/ ) The audience was
pretty evenly divided into (self-identified) javascript newbies,
experienced javascript folk and people that don't raise their hands in
public.

The context of the presentation was using jQuery on top of an existing
javascript framework that 4D developed to work with their database. My
goal was to show the benefits of being open.

The very cool thing was that I didn't need to add any code to the
database, i.e.. the core of their framework lent itself to introducing
jQuery on top.

One of the participants wrote up a summary of the presentation that
covered things fairly well.

http://www.slicksurface.com/blog/2007/10/using-4d-ajax-framework-with-jquery.html