The "quirk" is to be expected. From what I understand of timeouts, they will
never fire at 0ms... but setting a timeout to 0ms guarantees it will fire at
the next possible time and put it at the end of the call stack... and,
thankfully, in this case allows the user interface to catch up. Anyhow, I'm
really glad that worked for you.

Brian.