From: jquery-en@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Yehuda Katz
Sent: 01 November 2007 08:52
To: jquery-en@googlegroups.com
Subject: [jQuery] Re: Reminder: Last few hours to save 30% on jQuery in
Action BETA

The book covers jQuery 1.2. The book got started pre-1.2, but we did a
full-pass of the entire book to update it for 1.2. It also includes jQuery
UI and livequery in Chapter 9, which are relatively new.

Having done a ton of the research for the book, I can tell you that in
addition to the book covering motivation (why the library does what it does)
that you won't get anywhere else, there's a fair bit of material that was
gleaned from a combination of disparate online documentation and reading the
source code itself.

My favorite feature in this book is the "lab pages," which are online pages
that allow you to experiment with concepts taught in the book. For instance,
we have a selector lab that allows you to specify a selector, and see which
elements are selected. The lab pages are tightly integrated into the book
narrative, so you really get a lot of value in a format that is not
available anywhere else.

Also, the book has a number of full-chapter examples (Ajax comes to mind),
which will help you tackle writing a full app start-to-finish, including
minor issues that can get lost when writing a high-level overview. So check
it out. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised :-D

-- Yehuda

On 10/31/07, Fred Janon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> >