I am working on an overlay that has a timer associated with it. when
you mouseover it, it triggers the toggleOn method and when you hover
out it triggers my timer depending on whether you have clicked the
close button or not. I was accidently working on my local which had
both 1.1.2 and 1.1.4. I was doing all the work on a page pointing to
the 1.1.2 version, but our site is using 1.1.4 currently. When I made
the change all of a sudden none of my fadIn(); and fadeOut(); effects
are working

here is the code of the objects I am having the problems with

toggleOn: function(){
            if (otherStores.timer == null) {
                $('#stores-
overlay').css("display","block").fadeIn("normal");
                resetOverlaySize();
            }else{
            return false;
           }
        },
        setTimer : function() {
           otherStores.stopTimer();
                        if (otherStores.isClicked == false){
                           otherStores.timer = setTimeout(function(){
                                        $('#stores-
overlay').css("display","none").fadeOut("normal",function(){
                                                otherStores.timer = null;
                                        });
                                },2000);
                        }else {