I tried to update to Tabs 3 just now. I just selected 'Tabs' from the
UI downloader but i got 2 errors when i tried to use this file instead
of the tabs 2.7 file. Something about $.ui has no properties. I then
took the JS from your Tabs 3 demo page to try instead. That got rid of
the js errors but the tabs aren't loading.

If something else is required to run Tabs 3.. the UI page does not
specify what that is. There's just an 'Everything' download, or
individual plug-in selection.

Thanks for taking time out to help..