I have some super basic Jquery in use on this test page:

http://ghettocooler.net/stuff/code/jquery/hover/

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to how I can improve some
basic navigation. It seems as though lots of people have issues w/
the .hover, and they suggest using the hoverIntent plugin. But there's
got to be a simpler way, with some basic Javascript.

If anyone has any ideas on improving this, I'd love to hear them!
Thanks

        $("#menu > li ul").hide();
        $("#menu > li").hover (
                function() {
                        $(this).children("ul").slideDown("slow")
                },
                function() {
                        $(this).children("ul").slideUp("slow")