This was an old post, but if you're still interested I've been
thinking about a CSS parser with Andy Kent (for jss). It reads all the
stylesheets and style elements and
assembles them into one large JSON. It's at
http://youngisrael-stl.org/wordpress/blogfiles/cssparser/cssparser.jquery.js
and if you include it you can do:

var style = $.parsecss()['.myclassname'];
if (style) $('#widget').animate(style);

Unfortunately animate throws an error if style is undefined, so it
needs the guard condition.

Let me know if this is helpful.

Danny