ah, good to know it works. I usually test stuff before posting, but I was in a time crunch.

--Karl

On Nov 7, 2007, at 6:05 PM, Penner, Matthew wrote:

Works great!  Thanks!

Matt Penner
Database Engineer II
GIS Support
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(951) 940-6108 x10709

From: jquery-en@googlegroups.com [mailto:jquery- [EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Karl Swedberg
Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2007 12:27 PM
To: jquery-en@googlegroups.com
Subject: [jQuery] Re: Would be nice to select objects using attribute comparisons

You could try something like this (untested):

$('#mySelect option').filter(function() {

    return parseInt(this.value, 10) > 5;

})

--Karl

_________________

Karl Swedberg

www.englishrules.com

www.learningjquery.com

On Nov 7, 2007, at 2:33 PM, Penner, Matthew wrote:

I have several options in a select element, each whose value is an integer.

I would love to be able to select those above a threshold, such as something like:

$(“#mySelect option[value>5]”)

I know I can do this with :gt(index) but I’d rather use the actual value for less hard coding and better readability. I think this would great in other areas too.

I’m sure there are lots of issues with this since the value is really just text, but a straight string comparison would probably do.

Anyway, just my vote.

Let me know if there is a better place to suggest this.

Thanks,

Matt Penner