Make sure that IE is actually selecting the checkbox. Otherwise it
would seem as though IE doesn't implement getBoundingClientRect for
checkboxes even though they claim it does.

Would you mind filing a ticket for this: http://dev.jquery.com/newticket

In the mean time ... try wrapping the input with a span.

--
Brandon Aaron