Here is an update.  I tried using Google's API for Ajax and it is
returning the data but I am unable to parse it with jQuery.

CODE >>

GDownloadUrl(object.path + '?' + object.data, function(data,
responseCode) {
     if (responseCode == '200') {
          $('node', data);

OUTPUT >> firebug outputs this:
"ret[i].getElementsByTagName is not a function" jquery.js (line 23)