hi Chris,

sometimes IE7 fails to load javascript if your webpage contains
"<script type.." tag as the first element of the page. Checkout this
blog..I collected different reasons why javascript is failling in IE7
http://ragrawal.wordpress.com/2007/10/25/top-5-reasons-why-ie7-is-complaining-about-your-javascript/

Ritesh