Hi there,

does anyone know how to quickly implement a container that follows the
scrolling of a page in an slightly animated way? There's quite a lot
of such implementations around the web, though I couldn't find an
example today. But with jQuery this shouldn't be much of an effort, is
it?

I tried on my own by simply doing the following:

$(document).ready( function() {
  $(window).scroll( function() {
    myOffset = $(document).scrollTop(); // using dimensions plugin
    $("#fixed").animate( { top: myOffset}, 70);

and this sorta works, but is triggered way too often, because the
onscroll event seems to be triggered on each single scrolling step. So
how could I let it follow the container more smoothly? Or does there
exist a plugin for this? Could not find any in the official repository
though.

Thanks in advance

Arne