On Nov 19, 4:37 pm, James Dempster <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Do you think this plugin needs a default UI? Or shall it remain event
> driven only requiring the end developer to implement there own UI?
> Does some one have any thoughts or comments on the subject?

As someone who needs a more dynamic user-driven UI (many columns, so a
field controlling a column should only appear when they ask for it),
I'd suggest functionality to make it easy to connect UI elements to
the tablefilter, e.g.,

       $('#targetTable').tablefilter(...)
         .addFilterField('#txtFilter_targetTable')
         .addFilterField('#txtFilter_targetTableGender', 2)
         .addFilterField('#txtFilter_targetTableEnglish', 3)

could set up your demo. (It seems like you can avoid that repeated
code your demo has there using closures internally.)

I'm not sure what the common jQuery API convention is for a function
that "gets the tablefilter attached to table X" but if it was
$.tablefilter(id) then my dynamic UI JS code could create a form field
on the fly and do

  $.tablefilter('#targetTable').addFilterField('new-field-id', col#)

etc