On Nov 23, 2007, at 9:39 AM, Stosh wrote:

Perhaps I'm foolishly getting ahead of myself here, but the while loop
around 1241 in find() seems to explain why this happens, is there any
way of modifying find() so that it searches comma separated selector
returning the results in DOM order?  Or am I dreaming here? :)  I'm
especially wondering if this has been tried before and then discarded
because of speed/performance issues.

Stan, I think you've raised a really good question (one that, alas, I can't answer). I wonder if this would be better suited for the jquery- dev list, since it does involve an issue related to possible modification of the core script. Would you mind posting some form of this question on that list to see what kind of discussion it generates there?

thanks!

--Karl
Karl Swedberg
www.englishrules.com