I think what's going on is that you are trying to access a dom element
of the Iframe doc, and AFAIK you can't do that directly with jQuery
selectors. However I found a discussion where this is solved:
http://groups.google.com/group/jquery-en/browse_thread/thread/744ba7fdabd9066a/d060e3f85c3bdbd8

Hope it helps!