In our app we include all jquery/javascript code in our "main" page
rather than loading more scripts via AJAX.  We can then manipulate the
new content (loaded via AJAX) using those already existing scripts,
functions, etc.  As far as binding events to this new content, we
generally use the livequery plugin for that.