On Dec 4, 8:35 pm, Ken Gregg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Great work. Anxious to play with it.

Thanks! :-)

> One suggestion for handling time series is providing x and y axis
> label callbacks. When passed a value (number of minutes, hours, days,
> etc) the call back could translate the value to label text and the
> values would still scale.

This is already supported. :-) I want to do more than that.

The thing is that a good tick generator for the Gregorian calendar
would go about generating ticks differently than a good tick generator
for ordinary scalar values. For instance, if the plot displays half a
year of time, there should be ticks for when the months start instead
of some arbitrary days.

I have some Python code for generating better ticks from when we were
using Plotr, I just need to convert it to Javascript and expand it a
bit. And maybe have a look at what gnuplot is doing.

--
Ole Laursen
http://people.iola.dk/olau/