Rey Bango wrote:
> Splitter by Dave Methvin
>
> http://methvin.com/jquery/splitter/default.html

It's a pity there isn't an easy way to deal with "snapping" of divs to
their containing element...

Something like:

$('#div1').snap('top'); // sets width to that of container and snaps the
div to the top of container
$('#div2').snap('left'); // sets height to that of container and snaps
the div to the left of the container
$('#div3').snap('client'); // sets width and height to that of container
and snaps div to 0,0 of the container

Adding a few simple events would then make it super easy to create
border layouts - a splitter would just be a div snapped to one of the
edges (top/bottom/left/right) with some drag ability - as it's dragged,
events would cause the other divs to resize accordingly.

I've got some old actionscript code lying around somewhere that
implements a snapping framework (including stuff like splitters, etc) -
I'll find it and post it online if anyone is interested in doing a
snapping plugin?

Guy