[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Although I keep coming up against the following:
>
> 1. Is jQuery going to be here for the long term?
> 2. Why not use prototype, what are the benefits of jQuery over it?

We're hitting those two questions on a regular basis. The first is
pretty easy to deal with - jQuery is growing rapidly both in terms of
available plugins and sites using it. It also has books, blogs and
vibrant community.

As for the second one, that's a problem. Prototype is entrenched in a
lot of organisations and developers don't like ditching their tried and
tested libraries for something new.

However, in certain circumstances Prototype is a major nightmare because
it's not namespaced - drop it in to a portal environment and generally
everything goes pearshaped.

Guy