You could try using the older XMLHttpRequest type of
WinHttp.WinHttpRequest.5.1

Here's a scriptlet I use to pull the data from another domain which
you could possibly use somehow:

var xmlhttp=false;
/[EMAIL PROTECTED] @*/
/[EMAIL PROTECTED] (@_jscript_version >= 5)
// JScript gives us Conditional compilation, we can cope with old IE
versions.
// and security blocked creation of the objects.
 try {
  xmlhttp = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP");
 } catch (e) {
  try {
   xmlhttp = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP");
  } catch (E) {
   xmlhttp = false;
@end @*/
if (!xmlhttp && typeof XMLHttpRequest!='undefined') {
  xmlhttp = new XMLHttpRequest();
}

I also use a classic vbscript server-side script to read the data
which uses the WinHttp.WinHttpRequest.5.1 method, feel free to modify
this!

function loadXMLDoc(url)
        set xmlhttp = Server.CreateObject("WinHttp.WinHttpRequest.5.1")   '
using 5.1 from WinXP Sp1
        call xmlhttp.open("GET",url,false)
        call xmlhttp.send()
'       Get the text retreived from the URL
        if xmlhttp.Status = "200" Then  xmlResponse = xmlhttp.ResponseText

'       xmlhttp.close()
        set xmlhttp = nothing
end function

Hope this might help you!