Re-reading your post I think you didn't mean pathClass. Superfish
doesn't have the coolness of Klaus's Tabs with it's history and
bookmarking support, unfortunately. I think it's a little outside of
the scope of Superfish (and maybe my skill).

If it helps any, you can call .focus() and .blur() on anchors inside
Superfish. For example, if you go to the main Superfish documentation
page and paste this code into the console of Firebug it will open all
the submenus necessary (of the example menu) to show/focus a
particular nested link:
$('ul.superfish>li:eq(2)>ul>li:eq(3)>ul>li:eq(2)>a').focus();

.blur() works the same way to close the submenu. Obviously, the method
I used to target the link was a bit mad-cap, but maybe the concept may
help someone, for something.

Joel Birch.