interarnett wrote:
> I have created a simple app screen based off of the example/tutorial
> on jquery website for coldfusion and ajax.

<snip>

> There is a parameter for success in ajax call.
> Success never happens it only comes back and says that there is an
> error but do not know how to trap for error...

I apologize if this is off-topic for this list. Though I don't know
about you're particular problem I have had a terrible time getting
ColdFusion to return valid xml because of CF's propensity for adding
whitespace.

Once I started using JSON for data transfer my life got much simpler.
I'd suggest looking carefully at the returned xml checking for
whitespace before the xml declaration.

--
Steve Clason
Boulder, Colorado, USA