Th have the following code.  $('#cali') is a span, and $
('#deliveryDate') is an input, so the calendar is showing up inline.

$(document).ready(function() {
  var starting = new Date();
  $('#cali').datepicker({
    onSelect: function(date) { $('#deliveryDate').val(date); },
    changeFirstDay: false,
    minDate: starting });
  $('#deliveryDate').val($.datepicker.formatDate('mm/dd/yy',
starting));
  });

I expected this to work as, "select any day in the future, including
today". #deliveryDate shows today's date. The calendar in #cali has
today selected by default - but unselectable (select another day, and
you can't go back to today).

All I can think of is that the extra time - hours, minues, seconds -
in the date are somehow effecting mindate.

-Sud.