jQuery UI is the project's initiative to bring a rich set of UI controls to the jQuery community. jQuery UI v1.0 was released earlier this year and didn't quite meet the quality standards we had hoped for. The UI team is now on a mission to correct any of the issues from the previous release and produce a new release (v1.1) which will address the prior concerns and improve the overall library.

We are asking the jQuery community to assist in this process by downloading the current code in SVN and reporting any issues to the jQuery UI mailing list. The list can be found here:

http://groups.google.com/group/jquery-ui

The most up-to-date source code for the library can be found here:

http://jqueryjs.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ui/current/

We would really appreciate as many people testing the code as possible so any kinks can be worked out. We hope to make a release later this month and based on the results of testing, we will determine if it will be a beta or a full release. Please note that we are taking this testing cycle extremely seriously and will only release a full v1.1 once we feel it's production ready.

As always, thanks so much for your support and we look forward to your feedback.

Rey....