Hello,
I'm new to jQuery (and AJAX for that matter). Even if the library is
really easy to use, I'm still having problems "ajaxing".

I'd like to understand how to post the following simple form to the
server, and send a message to the client depending on the submission
process output (telling him if what he submitted is ok or not).

Would someone be kind enough to guide me through the steps?

Here's the HTML bit. I am going to use jQuery with the Zend Framework
(PHP).

  <head>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="jquery-1.2.1.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript">

//?

    </script>

  </head>

  <form action="/test/ajax/record/" method="post">

    <input type="text" name="test" value="" />
    <input type="submit" name="ajax" value="save" />

  </form>