it's ok now.
Instead of trying to remove the old framework imported via the digg
widget, i checked the content of
http://digg.com/tools/widgetjs
and i directly pasted the generated code excluding the old framework.
was incredibly easy.
the finished result can be found here http://www.gcmingati.net near
the end of the right sidebar: a "cycled" digg news.

leaving the old framework was creating problems with the easing
equations used in my slideviewer plugin wich uses jquery 1.2 and the
easing functions. The plugin is used along the blog in some posts. In
some way, the last framework loaded (the old one, from Digg) was used
as THE framework from the browser, generating errors.
I'm quite happy but i'm sure you did not get a word of whati'm
saying... sorry for my english
BTW merry christmas everybody!
GC