Hi K,

Thanks for the feedback and for the clear description of the problem you're having with the clueTip plugin. It was actually a "feature" to disable the link's default behavior if the href and the tip attribute (rel by default) were the same. Turns out the feature was based on a bad assumption. ;-)

Anyway, someone else recently asked about the same thing, so I modified the plugin to allow for clicking through, no matter what. Unfortunately, my updates to the plugin have come in fits and starts, basically whenever I find a free hour or two (which is pretty rare). The update isn't currently available in a nice packaged download, and I haven't thoroughly tested it, but if you want to give it a shot, feel free to grab it from here:

http://jqueryjs.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/plugins/cluetip/jquery.cluetip.js

Then, you'll just need to add one key-value pair to the options:

 $('a.basic').cluetip({
     width:'830px',
     positionBy: 'bottomTop',
     waitImage: false,