I don't have an answer for you but thought I would add something I
encounter with a Flash movie (SWF) in a sliding div in FF. My close/
replay tab GIF slides up under the SWF, then the SWF disappears.

That being said I alsodid notice with scriptaculous and SWF files that
I had to have the AC_Runactivecontent.js workaround or the SWF would
flicker during a slideUp/slideDown