On Dec 24, 2007 6:49 PM, Michael Geary <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> How does "the user is filling in a form" equate to "the mouse is over an
> input element"? Those seem like two quite different and unrelated things.
>
> I've watched a lot of people fill in forms, and quite often they will click
> in an input element and then move the mouse out of the way so they can see
> what they are typing. A few people (like me) will even fill in forms without
> ever having the mouse near an input element, by using the Tab key to
> navigate through the form.

Good point, I didn't think of using tab, focus is definitely the way to go.
However the unbinding of the keys is still a problem. I have the keys
assigned to the document, so they can be used everywhere. Like so:

    $(document).keypress(function (e) {
                if(e.which == "120" || e.which == "100") {
                    // do something

But when I focus (in this case) on an input field, textarea whatever,
I want it disabled because it will perform the action if the person
types in the specific key that is bound.

> I wonder if this might be closer to what you're looking for:
>
>     $('input').focus( function(){...} ).blur( function(){...} );

This logic should work perfectly, but now for the part in between the
functions  to unbind  :)

Thanks in advance.

--
Jeroen