> My code is quite long so instead of burdening you under it, i would
> rather ask an open question about any known issues with Safari and
> jquery?

Don't know of any known issues, other than the many I've encountered
personally.  Which version are you running on Mac?  The 3.0 beta on
Tiger gave me a lot of problems, but they seem to have mostly settled
with the full 3.0 that shipped with Leopard...  only thing I can
suggest is try to break down the code, see if you can identify what
specifically is causing the script to fail.