This is a really neat effect, bravo. Yet, i wouldn't use it for
pictures personally, because the animation takes over the impact that
one usually aims to have with its photos.
i do believe less is more especially in graphics design. A good
collection of images with plain back/next buttons will please the user
more than a bunch of crapy shots with blazing transition effects.
And both the quality images and the effect only hurt the eye in the
end (my opinion).
 I'm not against animation, but it has to be carefully articulated
with the content. The point is the qualia experienced by the user, not
a technical show off, and this qualia increases with

Don't get me wrong, i'm totally not flaming your plugin, it's really
well done, i'm just stating what i thought spontaneously when i
clicked your demo: technically impressed, visually hurt.

but for instance, if this effect can be used as a way to navigate
through, say, users posting in time, or as a blog navigation system,
like a travelling into time, then i'd be much more arosen.
hope i made my point without sounding offensive.

--
Alexandre Plennevaux
LAb[au]

http://www.lab-au.com